Sunday, July 28, 2013

Humble Beginnings


WP Greet Box icon
Thanks for visiting! Make sure to sign up to have me as your FREE TEAMBEACHBODY COACH to get support, to help keep you motivated, and to gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your fitness & health goals!
I don’t ever want to forget where I came from  or lose sight of what got me to where I am today.  There was a period of my life where I was ashamed to admit my past failures and was afraid of being judged by others. Then, one day I realized that each of those failures had led me to do the ONE THING that ended up completely transforming my life.
Almost 4 years ago, I gave birth to a preemie who had a 90% chance of cerebral palsy and who’s treatments racked up $400,000 in medical debt. I worked a job I hated and had friends that were no longer around. I felt as though all the big dreams I had for my life had been sucked out of me. It was at that point, down on my knees, that I was able to lay down the tug-a-war rope and give God complete control.
Almost immediately, there was a shift in my life. No, I didn’t immediately have a job I loved. My piles and piles of debt didn’t suddenly vanish but there was a peace in my heart that change was coming, and all I did was trust and WAIT for the whisper I knew was certain to come.
I remember working my very last night at The Venue (a night club in Clearwater, FL). I was waiting to be able to leave and go pick up London from my dad’s house (where she stayed as both Billy and I worked until 4 in the morning 3-4 nights a week) and the manager on duty started tearing into me for trying to rush out before they were “ready” to check out my bar. In the middle of us arguing back in forth, THERE IT WAS, the WHISPER and it simply said, “It’s time to go, Lindsay.” I told him that he had just answered my prayers and I left.
I am not going to lie: Billy was NOT happy with me, but there was a peace at my core that knew things were not falling apart. They were coming TOGETHER.
All of the sudden, into my LAP fell Beachbody Coaching.  This was an opportunity I knew NOTHING about, but I had used the products to get in shape after having London so that I could fit back into my bartending clothes. I thought… “Well, maybe?”
The more I looked into the business, the more it felt as if this business had specifically been designed for ME! Was I an instant success? No. I did a lot of things wrong in the beginning and even though I worked my booty off, Billy would still come home after a bartending shift and make more in one night than I did in an entire week! Frustrating, at times, to say the least.
However, I knew God was in charge and it would all start to make sense and come together in the end. It’s been 2.5 years since that final day at The Venue and to say God has done incredible things in my life is a major understatement. Not only was I able to bring Billy home a little over a year ago, but I now have a plan to bring my dad and brother home as well and essentially my job is to help people RE-CLAIM their dreams on a daily basis!
I could never take credit for what has gone on in the past 2.5 years. The old me would have quit those first few months when my paycheck didn’t match my efforts, but God had a bigger plan and knew where He was taking me. I just had to trust it was somewhere better than where I was currently.
I guess all this is to share an example of how God doesn’t CALL on the QUALIFIED… He QUALIFIES the CALLED.
No matter where you are today: never limit where God can take you, if only you give Him creative control!

3

No comments :

Post a Comment