Friday, January 17, 2014

Lindsay Matway: TOP BEACHBODY COACH 2013




Ever had that one person in your life that made EVERY DREAM feel possible? Who believed that you could move mountains and made sure to pour themselves into you to make sure you believed as well?

At Lenny's with Billy the morning I found out I was officially TOP COACH 2013!


17 years ago I spent every Saturday morning at this Lenny's breakfast counter (shown in the pic of Billy & I) with my grandpa. He would pick me up at 8:30am, take me to my 9am guitar lesson and then we would end our morning together at Lenny's, enjoying danishes, OJ and pancakes. I could sit there with him for hours, listening to him tell stories of his life and all the adventures he had experienced… He was the most patient, gentle, humble, yet incredibly driven person I have ever known... and will ALWAYS be the biggest influencer in who I am today. 

My Grandpa and I (age 10)




Today, I felt it was only fitting to go back to Lenny's and sit on those same two stools my grandpa and I shared our Saturday mornings on, to celebrate a pretty special accomplishment in my life with the 2nd biggest influencer in my life, my husband, Billy. It HIT ME while we were there that though my grandpa passed away before he got to meet Billy… that he has to be SO PLEASED with the man I chose to spend my life with... A man who is just as patient, gentle and humble as his was. 






                                      

Without these two people BELIEVING IN ME before I ever had one single SUCCESS under my belt… I would NOT be here today… getting phone calls from everyone at Beachbody corporate, the last of which was the CEO, Carl Daikeler, congratulating me on becoming the first ever FEMALE TOP COACH in the company's history! A title I was able to earn by leading more coaches to have success in this business than any other coach this year. (HOW RIDICULOUSLY HUMBLING!!!) 



CEO of Beachbody, Carl Daikeler and I in Miami for Super Sunday






I feel so blessed. Blessed not only to have the life I have today, with a TEAM that is more like my FAMILY, to whom made ALL of this possible with their amazing drive, vision, heart, passion, belief and integrity… but for my PAST and every person in it who helped shape me into the woman I am today. I am SO THANKFUL. Most of all… I want to thank GOD. The God who took a broken, very lost girl 3.5 years ago and gave her a vision of what life COULD be like if she stopped fighting for control and SURRENDERED to His Plan. I am constantly blown away with His grace in my life and know to whom much is given, much is expected. 








I am going to keep going. I am going to continue to work hard and stay in the trenches… not because I have to, but because I am CALLED to… I feel a RESPONSIBILITY to share this business with others. To help them understand that their dreams are still POSSIBLE… and to BELIEVE IN THEM the way that both my grandpa and husband believed in ME.


Here is to an INCREDIBLE 2014!!

My Top Coach 2013 Acceptance Speech in Miami, FL on Jan. 12, 2014

No comments :

Post a Comment